Thursday 7 November 2013

weapon upgrading

I briefly mentioned earlier how the Spirit Gods would drop an ore that the player would use to cast a stone that would use to improve their weapons, the stone would modify the effectiveness of the weapon as well as it's appearance. The idea was in part a way of adding a range of weapons to the game without actually having to design lots of different types and different material weapons as the actual weapons used at the time were severely limited, and as a game with heavy Hack and Slash elements I felt it would be important to have a range of different weapons in the game.


I think before going any further into designing these I want to do some more rough iterations, maybe using silhouettes. I just wanted to illustrate how the stone would affect the appearance of a weapon.


I'm not particularly happy with this but this was a quick-sih paintover I did of one of the 3D models.
I think the main problem was that I was very limited by the fact that the bridge and the small island took up the entire fore and midground of the composition so I was severely limited in how I could add the island into the image, I was kind of restricted to adding it in the background and as a result it just kind of looks lazy, I'm going to attempt another paintover probably without the bridge/river and with the village more in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment