Thursday 2 May 2013

Update

Just an update since I've done a lot of work and haven't really written anything, mostly because I have just been painting my textures and trying to get them to look right and for the colours of each asset to work together.


Nothing much as changed since last time, I've decided to go less for the outline approach to the textures and paint them a bit more without having to rely on line drawing, I think it looks nicer, the line drawing textures didn't look as good as I would have liked, I have still used line drawings but more conservatively and only where I think it would really benefit  for example I did a line-art for the wood grain in the coffins and the cracks on the skull, I think that used minimally like that it really works and looks nice, without it being a crutch (before I was using outlined for a lack of confidence in painting my textures so I was kind of relying on it where-as now I'm using it when I think it will actually compliment the texture).

I got rid of the horse because after fully texturing it, it just didn't really blend in the the ground well enough, and the only reason I was going to use it was because I thought it would look cool with the outline drawing style I was using before but scrapping that gave me more reason to get rid of the horse. I think that having gotten rid of the horse the environment actually works better compositionally now, it flows really nicely I think, there is a nice curve around the track, the dust path and the buildings' alignment.

Comparison of the old line drawing texturing (left) to the new painted textures (right)


Dead Horse asset before being removed





No comments:

Post a Comment