Saturday 27 April 2013

Testing a Method for Creating Plants

I was thinking of how I could get some models for plants without having really complex meshes as I didn't want to spend too much time on them, I though back to seeing how in some old games they would have a flat texture of a plant that would repeat and rotate to give it a sort of 3D effect. I had a think of how I could get a similar effect on maya, straight away I thought of using a flat plane with a transparent .png texture of a plant, I gave it a try by drawing a really quick desert plant texture on photoshop and saving it as .png.


I applied the texture to a flat square plane on maya and it seems to have worked, although the shading looks really bad at the moment so I might need to play with some shaders to find one that looks good, I'm undecided as to whether I will use the version with a repeated rotated texture or just one flat texture.
obviously either way I'll have to draw a better texture first.



No comments:

Post a Comment